Clonminch Road, Tullamore, Co Offaly "Refurbished by Paul Tobin for market"
How a clever revamp of this 70's Bungalow raised market value and achieved a premium selling price. With an investment from our client for the purpose of attracting a purchaser, the result lead to an agreed sale price way beyond everyone's expectations, from an advised market value of €165,000 to €280,000.
Worked carried out:
- As there was no heating system and no radiators, the previous heating system was storage heating. The house was plumbed throughout and new radiators (with TRV's) installed with in all rooms with zoned heating and an A rated oil boiler.
- The floors and walls were pumped with insulation (Snug as a Bug).
- The attic was insulated to 300mm, the required level to meet today's standards (Snug as a Bug).
- Floors were restored, sanded and varnished by John Kelly flooring Tullamore.
- The front of the house was plastered and painted by us as the original facade was old pebble dash and brick which did not look very inviting from the road.
- The roof slates were primed and painted to again help bring a fresh look to the exterior of the property (The Colour Yard, Tullamore).
- The driveway was filled with decorative stone and kerbing, outside lights were installed to include lamps on the entrance pilars.
- The bathrooms were tiled and all sanitary ware was changed to medium range products.
- The internal and external was painted with refreshing trending colours, internally we used contemporary grey colours and externally we used neutral colours.
- Chandelier style light fittings with low energy bulbs were placed in all rooms (Wholesaler Light Fittings).
- We knocked through some walls to add more light and we primed and painted the existing Kitchen units Gun Metal Grey which was much cheaper than replacing the whole Kitchen. We tiled the Kitchen flloor and restored the flooring in the dining park of the room.
Finally, the existing Estate Agent was handed back the property after the refurbishment as they are local to the house, we acted as joint agents with all the negotiations going through Paul Tobin Estates. We provided the local agents with professional photographs of the property, professional high gloss brochures, 3D floor plans and a professional description of the property highlighting the many added new features. The property attracted record numbers and was sale agreed for €30,000 over the asking price. Whilst on the market on the first occasion and prior to the refurbishment the property did not attract any buyers or offers.