Letting and Managing your property
Letting / Management and Fees
We offer a comprehensive Letting / Managing service relieving the commitment of being a full-time landlord. We cover all areas of Dublin and our properties range from City Centre Apartments to Family homes and many Country houses.
As letting specialists we have carefully put together different fee options to suit different budgets and the requirements of our clients. Get in touch on 01 902 0092 for further information.
We include the Residential Tenancies Board registration fee in our Letting & Managing Service (Option 1) for new Clients, which is €90.
Why Paul Tobin Estates?
- Knowledge of both Dublin Market and surrounding areas
- Vast Experience in Letting and Managing property.
- The very best tenants and corporate clients
- Good communication skills
- Electronic rent transfers and statements
- A range of additional professional services
- Maintenance and Repairs Team with favourable rates for our clients
- Support Consultants to include solicitors and accountants
- We are fully Licensed practice and with Professional Indemnity Insurance cover
Our Letting Service
- Preparation of the property for market
- Market rent valuation reporting (AMV)
- Innovative digital and traditional property marketing with quality photography
- Sourcing fully referenced tenants
- Liaising with the landlord on the final decision on new tenants
- Tenancy Agreement with special conditions tailored to each property
- Compliance with RTB regulation to include RTB registration
- Detailed Inventory with photographs
- Changeover of utilities
- Collection of initial first months’ rent and deposit and set up standing order for monthly rent payment
- Organising of a BER Certificate
Our Management Service
- Pro-active tenant management and landlord/tenant liaison role
- Rent collection
- Lease renewals – LPT Reminders
- Maximising rental income and minimising costs to ensure our clients receive the highest return
- RTB Compliance and record keeping
- Property maintenance and upgrade service
- Tax Agent service for overseas clients (subject to an additional fee)
- Clear rent statements
- Ensure tenants receive the highest level of professionalism on behalf of the landlord
- More tenants are now looking for managed properties as it allows a more professional service, removing the emotion from both sides
Advertising/Marketing & Standing Out
We do things a little differently - we are passionate about property marketing and aim to make your property stand out from the rest. Our presentation of your property both online and on our premium brochures will bring your property to life and attract the right tenants. Our expertise in this area is well known and documented and you can rely on us to attract the right audience. Why should you settle for anything less?
Over 80% of property searches start online now, so we will get your property on all the major property websites, such as;
My rental value - how much is my property worth?
When we value your rental property we don’t just give you a realistic price, we also use our unique skills in the rental market to find the best way to present it to the marketplace. Everything that sets your property apart from your competition, that makes it homely, forms part of your overall market valuation.
The Best Tenants
We check references thoroughly, our mission is to always find that special tenant that we know will respect and look after your property. We look for evidence that they have a great track record and most importantly that they are in a good financial position to sustain paying their rent long term.
Tax & The non-resident landlord
It is easy to overlook the financial implications when renting out your property. You are liable to pay tax on the rental income you receive and you are responsible for paying the local property tax. Your mortgage is not deducted from your overall rental income before you pay tax on the balance. We would always recommend that you speak with an accountant before you make any tax return. The Irish Income Tax code requires tenants to deduct 20% tax on rents paid to a non-resident landlord. This requirement does not apply if you nominate an Irish-resident person as your ‘Collection Agent’. The ‘collection agent’ effectively acts as your nominee for Irish tax purposes. It is possible for a family member or close friend to act as your ‘collection agent’ as they normally don’t have any duties to perform in this capacity.
Getting off on the right foot
It is imperative that relationships between all parties get off to a good start, and this begins with the landlord and Agent. We now have regulation in the industry (Property Services Regulatory Authority) and it’s a legal requirement that both Landlord and Agent sign off on Terms of Engagement before the service begins.
Also under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 and the Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015, landlords must register residential tenancies with the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB). The cost of registration is €90 and we will register the property on your behalf.