Letting & Management
Letting & Managing your properties
At Paul Tobin Estates we offer a comprehensive Residential Letting & Management service giving our clients peace of mind and relieving them of the commitment of being a full-time landlord. We cover all areas of Dublin and beyond and our properties range from large Period houses to City Centre Apartments, from suburban Family homes to Country Estates.
As property letting specialists we have carefully put together different fee options to suit the different budgets and requirements of our Clients. Our standard Letting & Management package offers the best value (Option 1), however another option may suit you better: -
Option 1: Standard Letting & Management: One month’s rent plus VAT includes management for first year of letting (paid from the initial payments made by new tenants).
Option 2: Letting & Management: 5% of the annual rent plus VAT + 5% of the monthly rent, payable monthly.
Option 3: Let Only: 6% of the annual rent plus VAT.
Option 4: Management of existing Landlords tenants: 5% of the monthly rent, payable monthly + €150 plus VAT setup costs to include a rent review, where necessary.
We are currently including the RTB (Residential Tenancies Board) registration fee in our Letting & Management Service (Option 1) for new Clients, which is €90.
Why Paul Tobin Estates?
- Knowledge of both Dublin Market and surrounding areas
- Vast Experience in Letting and Managing Properties
- Professional tenants and corporate clients
- Regular communication and updates
- Electronic rent transfers and statements
- A range of professional services
- Maintenance Team with discounted prices for our clients
- Support Consultants to include solicitors and accountants
- Fully Licensed with Professional Indemnity Insurance
Our Letting Service
- Preparation of the property for market
- Market rent valuation reporting (AMV)
- Innovative digital and traditional property marketing with quality photography
- Sourcing fully referenced tenants
- Liaising with the landlord on the final decision making with our recommended tenants
- Tenancy Agreement with special conditions tailored for each property
- Compliance with RTB to include RTB registration
- Detailed Inventory with photographs
- Changeover of utilities
- Collection of initial first months’ rent and deposit and setup standing order for monthly rent payment
- Organising of a BER Certificate
- On completion a checklist is sent to the landlord
Our Management Service
- Pro-active tenant management and landlord/tenant liaison role
- Rent collection
- Bi-annual Inspections
- Lease renewals – LPT Reminders
- Maximising rental income and minimising costs to ensure our clients receive the highest return
- RTB Compliance and record keeping
- Property maintenance and upgrade service
- Tax Agent service for overseas clients (subject to an additional fee)
- Clear rent statements
- Ensure tenants receive the highest level of professionalism on behalf of the landlord
- More tenants are now looking for managed properties as it allows a more professional service, removing the emotion from both
Advertising/Marketing & Standing Out
We are passionate about property marketing and aim to give your property maximum exposure. The presentation of your property both online and on our premium brochures will always attract the right tenants. Our expertise in this area achieve premium results for our landlords’ every time. Why should you settle for anything less?
We advertise your property on the following websites:
Depending on the property and advertising budget we also place advertisements in the property section of some national newspapers. Also, from time to time, certain properties we list are featured in the editorial section. The property section in the following newspapers:
My rental value - how much is my property worth?
Setting a successful market rental price for your property can be a balance of supply and demand. Of course this will depend on the property location and most importantly property condition. Market rent is a determined by comparable rental prices achieved in the current market, however we have the skillset to help you achieve a premium price and also get the best tenants.
The Best Tenants
We qualify every applicant in advance of setting up an initial viewing and we check their references thoroughly, our mission is to always find that special tenant that we know will respect and look after your property. We look for evidence that they have a great track record and most importantly that they are in a good financial position to sustain paying their rent long term.
Tax stuff & The non-resident landlord
It is easy to overlook the financial implications when renting out your property. You are liable to pay income tax on the rental income you receive and you are responsible for paying the local property tax. We will guide you in the right direction on this however we would always recommend that you speak with an accountant before you make a tax return. The Irish Income Tax code requires tenants to deduct 20% tax on rents paid to a non-resident landlord. This requirement does not apply if you nominate an Irish-resident person as your ‘Collection Agent’. The ‘collection agent’ effectively acts as your nominee for Irish tax purposes. It is possible for a family member or close friend to act as your ‘collection agent’ as they normally don’t have any duties to perform in this capacity. Things only get complicated if the landlord fails to file tax returns or pay tax bills, in which event Revenue chase the ‘collection agent’ for them.
Getting off on the right foot
It is imperative that relationships between all parties get off to a good start, and this begins with the landlord and Agent. We now have regulation in the industry (Property Services Regulatory Authority) and it’s a legal requirement that both Landlord and Agent sign off on Terms of Engagement before the service begins.
Also under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 and the Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015, landlords must register residential tenancies with the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB). The cost of registration is €90 and we will register the property on your behalf.